Smoked trout and mango salad
Posted: 5/22/2018 12:14 AM by
Just Better Care
Looking for an easy week night meal that is packed with flavour? This smoked trout and mango recipe will quickly become one of your staple dishes.
- 90 g baby spinach leaves
- 200 g hot smoked trout, sliced
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
- 115 g bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red or green chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 15 g mint leaves, roughly torn
- 15 g coriander leaves, roughly torn
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. On a platter, place the baby spinach leaves. Top with the trout, mango slices, sprouts, spring onion, chilli and herbs. Spoon the dressing generously over the top and serve.
You can get smoked trout at the supermarket. It comes shrink-wrapped and in a fillet. Here we’ve used hot smoked river trout, but you can also use rainbow trout, or even hot smoked salmon. They all work beautifully in this recipe.
NOTE: This salad also works really well with tinned tuna. We suggest using tuna in spring water; because the dressing is so flavoursome, it’s best to use tuna that is closer to its natural flavour.
Pick up a copy of Simple and Lean by Sally Obermeder and Maha Koraiem for more great recipes.
Simple and Lean is $24.99 RRP and is available from shop.swiish. com
, Kmart, Big W, Target, Booktopia and local bookstores.